As a Facebook Ads Consultant I see tons of ads fail and succeed for many different reasons.
Click to tweet.
Obviously, if you are not targeting the right people with your ads then your ads will fail.
One of the most unique ways that you can use Facebook Ads is to target the right people is to create custom audiences based on how people have previously interacted or engaged with you, your business, and your Social Media profiles.
Here are all of the custom audiences that Facebook Ads Manager gives you to choose from.
The first custom audience that is my favorite allows you to target people that have engaged with your business Instagram. In case you are wondering, yes, Facebook Ads Manager controls the paid advertising for the Instagram platform. The second important part of using this audience it to have an Instagram Business account.
Now I have seen this debate A LOT on social media...should I have an Instagram Business account or should I keep my Instagram account private. There are definite benefits to both. And running Facebook/Instagram ads is definitely a big benefit of having an Instagram Business Account.
Under the custom audience option, Instagram Business profile Facebook Ads manager lists 5 individual types of engagement that can be targeted.
Here they are:
1. Everyone who engaged with your business.
2. Anyone who visited your business profile.
3. People who engaged with any post or ad.
4. People who sent a message to your business profile.
5. People who saved any post or ad.
Now if you can’t decide which audience that you want to target with this custom audience then you can choose the option to “Target Everyone that Has Engaged” with your business profile.
The thought here is that people that have engaged with your Instagram Business Profile are not just interested in how pretty and curated your Social Media feed is, but they are also interested in you, your content, what you have to say, and HOW you are going to help them.
I will have to say as a Facebook Ads Consultant that is super active on Instagram, THIS audience is my favorite of the 3 mentioned here.
Being able to target people that slide into your Direct Messages (DMs) is amazing! This is a great way to way to interact with people that have picked your brain via the DMs.
Click to tweet.
** Bonus Tip** create a string of Instagram Stories where you encourage viewers to DM you to get more information on a tip or to answer a question.
My second favorite custom audience is people that have engaged on your Facebook Business page. There aren’t too many caveats to use this. The big thing here is that you have to have a business Facebook page and obviously you have that if you are running Facebook Ads. So here are the 6 types of people that you can gather into a Facebook Page Custom Audience:
1. Everyone who engaged with your Page.
2. Anyone who visited your Page.
3. People who engaged with any post or ad.
4. People who clicked any call-to-action button.
5. People who sent a message to your Page.
6. People who saved your Page or any post.
Facebook Ad Consultant Ninja Move loading: I love the fact that Facebook Ads Manager gives you the ability to target...reach out to again to tap people on the shoulder just one more time that may have previously seen an ad of yours, then clicked on the Call to Action Button and may or may not have signed up for the offer. I LOVE this!!!
So my third favorite custom audience in Facebook Ads Manager targets Video Viewers. Man Oh man can you really have fun with this!
Think about it..when you are scrolling Facebook or Instagram mindlessly for hours on end and you decide to watch a video it typically means a few things:
1. You already know the person/business and are interested in what they have to say. 2. Something about this video post has grabbed your attention and you are curious to see what it is all about. 3. You just love cute toddler and cat videos...right? Well, when you target video viewers Facebook Ads manager analyzes the data to show the ads to more people that are inclined to like the same videos.
Now let me show you the 7 types of Video Viewers that you can target Video Engagement Custom Audiences that can be created in Facebook Ads Manager:
1. People who viewed at least 3 seconds of your video.
2. People who viewed at least 10 seconds of your video.
3. People who either completed or viewed at least 15 seconds of your video (thru play).
4. People who have watched 25% of your video.
5. People who have watched at 50% of your video.
6. People who have watched at 75% of your video.
7. People who have watched at 95% of your video.
**Bonus tip: If someone has watched 50% or more of your video, honey they are super interested in what you are talking about. This may even be an audience to create an even bigger Look a Like audience of further along in this campaign.
So my friend all in all custom audiences are a great way to use the info that you already on the people that you have already interacted with in order to create amazing audiences of people that are genuinely interested in the products, services, and courses that you have to offer.
As a Facebook Ads Consultant helping course creators drive tons of traffic to their courses, products, and other offering my top favorite custom audiences to create in Facebook Ads Manager are: 1. Instagram Business Profile Audience
2. Facebook Page Custom Audience
3. Video Engagement Custom Audience
Also just in case you weren’t aware...ALL of these Custom Audiences are available in Facebook Ads Manager and can be used for Ads being run on Facebook and Instagram.
Have you ever used the Custom Audience features in Facebook Ads Manager before? Which Custom Audience is your favorite and why?
Tell me in the comments. If you need help figuring out how Custom Audiences can benefit your Ads strategy then schedule a call with me today, https://www.glyndadove.com/links.